Hi everyone. I know it’s been a while but the month of June has been a challenging one. First of all, I was a bridesmaid at my Uncle’s wedding. Second, I’m in the process of getting an online part time job. You know, just to bring in some extra income. It’s been a bit of a roller coaster but I’m back and ready to share with you. And what better way than with a nice frittata recipe.
All of you long time readers know that I’m not a big breakfast person. Meaning, I tend to eat a little later because I’m hardly hungry the first thing in the morning. But it’s never a good idea to skip meals and I’ve been making the effort to at least have coffee and fruit in the morning (which I’ve always done). When I am ready to eat something, I like uncomplicated easy to make food and this is one of them. If this looks similar to the Cheesy sausage tomato omelet to you, then it should. I pretty much love sausage, eggs and tomato combination but you’re welcome to add any ingredients that you wish.
Inspired by this previous recipe, I made a delicious frittata that’s versatile for both breakfast and brunch. Paired with my classic breadfruit chips, this is a very filling and satisfying meal. For those of you that are new to preparing breadfruit, please do your research before jumping head first into it. Breadfruit is traditional prepared by roasting it in it’s skin over open fire (like a fire pit). However, you can roast it on the stove top or in the oven at 400 degrees. You can eat it after it’s roasted or you can fry it. Some people cook it in soups as well. Uncooked breadfruit is not very good, I repeat, not good.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
Yields one frittata
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 sausage
- 1 plum tomato
- cheddar cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
- fresh herbs of your choice (optional)
- salt and pepper
- oil or butter for frying (I used coconut oil)
- Chop up the tomatoes, sausages and any herbs that you're using and place aside. Grate the cheese if you're using a whole cheese then also set aside
- Break the egg/ eggs into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and add half of the grated cheese. Whisk everything together until it's well combined.
- Place a frying pan over medium high heat then add in the oil or butter. In the meanwhile, slice the breadfruit to your desire shape. Seasoning with salt and rub it all together. You can place the breadfruit in the oven on 400 degrees F and bake until golden brown or fry on the stove top.
- Fry the sausage until crispy or golden brown. Reduce the heat, add the tomatoes and gently saute. Add the egg mixture, then herbs and add some more cheese. Cook on one side until it's golden brown.
- Remove the frittata from the pan onto a paper towel to drain excess oil. Place the frittata on a plate, top with more cheese and serve with the breadfruit chips or your choice of sides. Enjoy!