Yesterday I made this delicious omelet that I had to share. Unfortunately, I got so preoccupied that by the time I would post this, it would be night time. So I decided that I would do it first thing this morning (it ended up being the second thing). Originally I wanted to make a frittata for breakfast. Instead I decided to do something alot quicker because I was so hungry.
I looked in my fridge, grabbed all the ingredients for the frittata and made an omelet. Now let me address the sheer cheesy goodness of this omelet. I didn’t need alot of cheese to make this but the results were great. I love sausage as well so this was a bonus. The last thing I added was the tomato. I’m going to make a suggestion that will increase the flavour of this dish. If you have sun dried tomatoes, use it instead. The tart flavour of the sun dried tomato will do wonders in this recipe.
I’ll also suggest using some more veggies if you’d like. I wanted to use some peppers but I got overzealous because the cheese and made it fast. Apart from these, the omelet is great as is. Pair it with a side of homemade breadfruit or plantain chips and it will be perfect. You can follow my baked plantain chips recipe to make the breadfruit chips or any vegetable chips in fact.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 sausages
- 1 plum tomato
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
- coconut oil or butter for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice up the sausage and plum tomatoes and set aside
- In a bowl, add the eggs, salt, pepper and more than half the cheese. Whisk everything together.
- Place a frying pan over medium high heat, add in oil or butter.
- Fry the sausage until it's crispy. Add in the tomato, if you're using more veggies this is the time to add them and gentle saute. Cook for just one minute.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and veggies. Make sure everything is covered with the egg mixture. Add the rest of the cheese to the top. Cook on one side until it's golden brown. Flip and continue cooking on the next side.
- Remove the omelet from the pan and serve with your choice of side.