It’s been a while since I shared a recipe. This morning was different because I was craving for something good. I started searching online for some low carb breakfast ideas and I came across this delicious looking keto breakfast omelet recipe on dietketo.com. I decided that I wanted to try it. Then boom! A low carb pizza omelet.
I had all the ingredients to make the omelet but I decided to change it up a bit. Add some tomato sauce and sausage to the recipe. Then I quickly realized that this wasn’t an ordinary omelet. It became a pizza variant of the original recipe and my own low carb crepes pizza recipe. I can’t express how much I love it!
The gooey cheese, tomato sauce, sausage, tomato, onion and pepper rolled up in the egg was beyond delicious. As you know, you can mix it up in whatever way you like. The choice is limited only by your mind. I can think of at least 5 other ingredients that you can use to spice it up! (pepper… hint hint.)
This would also make a great brunch. So invite a couple friends and family and make this. They’ll be happy you did. I, on the other hand was selfish. I made this then taunted my brother about how delicious it was (sibling rivalry at it’s best). But next time, I’ll make it for the entire family. It’s just that easy to make.
I’m really happy to share this recipe with you guys. Please remember to tag online whenever you make this. It makes me happy to see your version. And I hope you enjoy as much as I did. Leave a comment below if you make it. Tell me what you think, what you added or took out. I’d love to hear.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
Yields one pizza omelet
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 small onion
- 1 small pepper (green bell pepper or jalapeno)
- 1 cherry tomato
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce (or your choice of pizza/ marinara sauce)
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sausage (you can also add pepperoni, salami or other meat)
- oil or butter for frying ( I used coconut oil)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Break the eggs open in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs until they are well combined then put aside
- Chop onions, cherry tomato and pepper and put side. Grate your cheese (unless you bought yours pre-grated.)
- Place a frying pan over medium high heat. Fry the sausage and other meat that you're using. Place on paper towel to drain
- Fry the eggs, spreading it around the pan like you would a regular omelet. It takes about 2 minutes to cook on each side. Turn and reduce the heat to low.
- While the other side is frying, top the eggs with a tablespoon of the tomato sauce, the meat, veggies and some of the cheese. Lift one side and fold it over the other. Top with another tablespoon of sauce and the rest of the cheese.
- Remove from the pan and serve immediately with a cup of coffee or tea.
For the tomato sauce, I heat mine over medium heat with Italian herb seasonings, salt and pepper. It doesn't take more than 3 minutes. You can top the the omelet when you plate it if you're worried about it burning. I grated my own cheese because I've heard that potato starch is used to keep the pre-grated cheese from sticking together. This helps me save on additional carbs.