It’s valentines day! I decided yesterday to make some cookies for the very first time for my family. I decided to try these flourless peanut butter cookies and…. it was a success! Everyone in my family loved it. So there are official no cookies left for valentine’s day (haha).
This was also my first time making cookies EVER. I’m so glad I tried them, I was so afraid I was gonna ruin them. I didn’t have a heart shaped baking mold so I made one out of aluminum foil. The top of mine wasn’t smooth because the peanut butter was extra chunky. Secondly, my cookie dough was a bit soft and I didn’t want to add more peanut butter to keep the carbs down. I poured it into the mold which worked perfectly.
This was a delicious low carb peanut butter cookies and perfect treat for my valentines… my family. If any of you try this, please send me a picture or tag me on instagram so I can see your creation. Happy Valentine’s day everyone!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- ½ cup peanut butter (I used chunky peanut butter)
- An egg
- 1 tbsp splenda (or your choice of sweetener. You can adjust the sweetness to your liking)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract or almond and rose water unsweetened (I used almond and rose water)
- Preheat the oven at 355 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
- In a bowl, combine the peanut butter, sweetener, egg, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla/ almond water. Mix it all together. If the batter is a little runny then add more peanut butter
- Take some of the dough and roll into a ball. Using a heart shaped baking mold, press cookie dough inside it to shape the cookie into hearts. Repeat this process with all the cookie dough
- Place the cookies on the sheet and bake for 10 minutes in the oven (if it isn't quite done at 10 minutes, bake it a bit longer for about 15 minutes. Be careful not to burn the cookies)
- Once the cookies are done, remove from the oven and let it cool for a while before serving.