I remember the first time I had pancakes. I was a little girl in the supermarket with my mother. She took us shopping and picked up a box of Aunt Jemima’s Pancake mix and maple syrup. It was a Saturday morning, we got up and something smelt so delicious. We hurried to brush our teeth and sit at the table to have pancakes for the first time. The taste was sweet, delicious and addictive.
Fast forward 15 years later where I am now living the low carb lifestyle. It’s amazing that I can still enjoy delicious pancakes made from scratch that is so simple to do. These are delicious pancakes but you can always put this in your waffle maker to delicious waffles too! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- An egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut milk or any milk of your choice
- A pinch of salt
- Sweetener substitute (optional)
- Butter or coconut oil for frying
- In a bowl, mix together the egg, vanilla extract and salt
- Combine the coconut flour, baking powder and sweetener if you’re using any
- Pour the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and mix together
- Add the coconut milk and stir until it’s all well combined
- Preheat a non-stick pan or skillet over medium heat and add in butter or oil
- Pour in two tablespoons of the batter to form a single pancake into the pan and cook until the top has bubbles. Please note that there won’t be as much bubbles as a traditional pancake so be mindful.
- Flip and continue cooking until it’s done.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and serve with homemade whipped cream/ sugar free maple syrup/ honey.