I have been dying to try this ever since I saw a photos of it online. I used an egg wrap recipe from a low carb burrito by The Protein Chef from his youtube video . I was so impressed by his recipe that today, I decided to make it. Now I have to admit, I have never had a burrito a day in my life. It’s not popular food here in Jamaica which meant I didn’t have any of the toppings to make the burrito. So I made a breakfast wrap version instead and it was amazing.
I made some changes topping wise as well as with the egg wrap. I added the black pepper into the egg mixture and whisked it together before pouring it into the pan. For the toppings, I used what I had in the fridge adding some pieces of cream cheese on the top. It was great, I wasn’t disappointed. But next time, I will try the burrito with the bacon and avocado and see how I like it. This was so delicious, filling and a perfect breakfast or lunch low carb food.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of a milk substitute or heavy cream
- ¼ tsp of black pepper
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 4- 6 slices of tomatoes
- 1-2 slices of bologna and sausage (or any meat topping of your choice)
- 1 tbsp of mayo
- Cheese of your choice (a broke up pieces of cream cheese)
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk/ cream, black pepper and salt using a whisk or a fork
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add in the coconut oil. Once the oil is heated up, pour in some of the egg mixture and cover the pan with a lid (I used a glass lid). Let it cook for 1-2 minutes
- Once the egg can slide around in the pan, flip and continue cooking the wrap with the lid on for another 1-2 minutes. Remove the wrap and place it on a plate with paper towels. Cook the rest of the egg mixture following the same instructions
- In the meanwhile, place another pan over medium heat with a tablespoon of oil and fry your bologna and sausage. If you’re using ground sausage, brown to your desired consistency.
- Once done correctly, you should be able to pick up the egg just like a tortilla wrap. Place on a serving plate. Top with mayo, lettuce, tomato, bologna, sausage or other meat and finally the cheese. Take one side and gently roll it into a wrap and enjoy!
Keep an eye on the eggs. Depending your stove, it can brown a lot faster than you anticipate. My first wrap browned a little more than I wanted it to. Make sure your meat is prepared by the time the wrap has cooled enough to touch and assemble. This wrap is best served warm.