I have been dying to try this ever since I saw a photos of it online. I used an egg low carb wraps recipe from a low carb burrito by The Protein Chef from his youtube video . I’m really impressed by his recipe that today and decided to make it. Not gonna lying, I couldn’t wait to wake this morning to try. I’m that eager.
Now I have to admit, I have never had a burrito a day in my life. It’s not popular food here in Jamaica which meant I didn’t have any of the toppings to make the burrito. So I made a breakfast wrap version instead and it was amazing. But someday, I think I’d like to try a low carb burrito. I already have a good low carb wrap recipe.
I made some changes topping wise as well as with the egg wrap. Add the black pepper into the egg mixture and whisked it together before pouring it into the pan. For the toppings, I used what I had in the fridge adding some pieces of cream cheese on the top. But next time, I will try the burrito with the bacon and avocado and see how I like it.
I wished I had the avocado at least. If you are not impatient like I was, I highly recommend getting the avocado. I believe it would give the wrap another level of flavour. So be patient and get the ingredients. Build a monster of a wrap or burrito.
This was so delicious, filling and a perfect breakfast or lunch low carb wraps. Tell your favourite low carb wrap recipe in the comments section. Share a recipe with me, if I like enough I will try it. Besides, isn’t sharing food the best way to bond with someone? I think so.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
Yields 2 wraps
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of a milk substitute or heavy cream
- ¼ tsp of black pepper
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 4- 6 slices of tomatoes
- 1-2 slices of bologna and sausage (or any meat topping of your choice)
- 1 tbsp of mayo
- Cheese of your choice (a broke up pieces of cream cheese)
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk/ cream, black pepper and salt using a whisk or a fork
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add in the coconut oil. Once the oil is heated up, pour in some of the egg mixture and cover the pan with a lid (I used a glass lid). Let it cook for 1-2 minutes
- Once the egg can slide around in the pan, flip and continue cooking the wrap with the lid on for another 1-2 minutes. Remove the wrap and place it on a plate with paper towels. Cook the rest of the egg mixture following the same instructions
- In the meanwhile, place another pan over medium heat with a tablespoon of oil and fry your bologna and sausage. If you’re using ground sausage, brown to your desired consistency.
- Once done correctly, you should be able to pick up the egg just like a tortilla wrap. Place on a serving plate. Top with mayo, lettuce, tomato, bologna, sausage or other meat and finally the cheese. Take one side and gently roll it into a wrap and enjoy!
Keep an eye on the eggs. Depending your stove, it can brown a lot faster than you anticipate. My first wrap browned a little more than I wanted it to. Make sure your meat is prepared by the time the wrap has cooled enough to touch and assemble. This wrap is best served warm.